I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another day "On the Job"

I am so lucky!  I get to go out a couple times a month and play police officer...for real.  (Yes, I have a gun and a badge!)  I don't get paid to do this, I am a volunteer.  In exchange for the time I put in every month, the department trains me and helps me maintain my police certification through the State of Florida.  I would say there are probably many people who don't like or enjoy the profession they are in...I am fortunate...I have two careers, decorator and police officer.  I sincerely enjoy both of them.

I love the days I go out on patrol!  It is so great to interact with people in different situations.  I enjoy hanging out with my fellow officers and feel like I am still a part of something really important.  Because I am a volunteer, I get to choose the days I come in and who I ride with for the most part.  Who wouldn't love all that???


No comments: