I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Do the math...sister moves to Hawaii + lack of local girlfriends = a brand new blogger


I am yet another blogger in an ever-expanding sea of bloggers.  There are blogs on everything from how to handle your finances to how to plant a garden...from how to paint your house to how to potty train your toddler.  Everyone is an expert on something and everyone has an opinion.

I never had a blog before.  I always thought that the people who blogged were really cool because they had something to say and a clever way to say it.  I always felt I had something to say and always felt free to say it anytime anyplace...to my sister, to my girlfriends, my husband and my kids (who don't  really hear me, but that's another blog.)  Recently, however, I find myself in the position of not having my sister nearby and no readily available girlfriends in the same zip code.  Now, I am not trying to have a pity party here.  I am simply trying to ferret out this sudden stream of consciousness writing.  It seems my every thought might have a place in print and online.  I am making lists of ideas and the words are flowing...why is that?

Well, this past year some things happened in my life which created some shifts...a tidal wave of change if you will.  I will not go into detail because it was messy.  Suffice it to say that when the smoke cleared, I was left standing with the people who matter most to me (and there weren't many of them!)  Most of those people who remain are male and live in my house.  As I said earlier, they can't (or don't) really hear me (unless I am screaming and then they are just trying to shut me up, but I digress...)  So I am left with gobs of streaming thoughts in my head and no way to get them out.

I no longer have my "go to" person to call at a spit-second's notice (having just gotten off the phone with her 5 minutes ago) to tell her what just popped into my head.  I find myself having conversations with MYSELF as I vacuum the floors or scrub a toilet.  Those are conversations I once had with girlfriends and sister.  Now, I still have conversations with my sister, they are just on a 5 hour jet-lagged time difference.  (I miss her!)

So you, dear reader, are now my girlfriend, my "go to gal," my BFF, my confidant.  Beware that I may call upon you at odd hours day or night to hear what I have to say.  You may find yourself listening as I drone on excitedly about nothing too important or the best news ever.  I know I can trust you to hear me when I talk to you and to interject with your ever-dependable advice when I need it.  I am so glad I found you dear friend, we have so much to catch up on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok you made me cry :( I miss you too !!!