I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why do I feel so guilty for doing nothing?

Why is it that if I have a day to myself (like today) where the kids are in school and I have no appointments or clients to deal with, that I feel like a lazy bum if I am not DOING something?

Why should I feel guilty if I am not scrubbing a toilet or vacuuming a floor or planning a meal?

Why do I feel like I need my husband's permission to relax a little?

Why can't I just sit on the sofa and watch a little TV?

What is wrong with me??

HELP!!  I am tired and I just want to veg out today!  Someone please tell me it's okay and the world won't fall apart if I do NOTHING!  For cripes sakes, I only have 2 hours left before I have to pick up my son and take him to the batting cages...

2 comments:

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Honey, relax! You should not feel guilty for taking time for yourself, it's necessary for your sanity. Just do whatever you want to do! Take a nap, even. Just do it!

ArtsyNina said...

Shake of that guilt, woman! If I had two uninterrupted, kidless hours, I would nap. Or get a fancy coffee and window shop. Or read a book. Or take a bubble bath. Or... or... or.... the possibilities are endless!