I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Monday, August 15, 2011

Well, it looks like the police department can't hire me right now...

Tonight, I am feeling a little sorry for myself.  I found out today that the job I was offered as a full time police officer is not going to happen right now.  There is a problem with the fact that I'm already an axillary and never filled out a full time application.  It sounds ridiculous, but that's a bureaucracy for you.   Although I was wondering how in the world I would make everything happen while working on the midnight shift, I was really looking forward to being able to contribute in a significant way to the family income.

On the one hand, I wonder if this isn't just happening because it wasn't right for us.  On the other, I am so disappointed.  I feel conflicted and confused and sad.  Geez!

3 comments:

CindyN said...

Sweetie, it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe you need to just let it go for now and accept that it's not the right time. (even if not by your choice) My mother always used to say, "Everything happens for a reason", and I believed her....because she was usually right. Be on the look out for other "open doors".

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Thank you Cindy. I know you're right...it always works that way. I was just not expecting it after all the sould searching we did in order to accept the offer in the first place. I am feeling better after getting it off my chest earlier. I can wait for the right thing. Love you!

Billie said...

No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place. ~Zen

: ]