I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The "D" word

I don't know about you, but one of the hardest things about starting a diet and fitness program is the eating part.  I want to eat right, but sometimes it's hard to figure out what to eat that is healthy and tastes good.  This morning, I was thinking about breakfast and was at a loss.  I had eggs and was considering cooking some egg whites, but wasn't really in the mood for that.


I found some old-fashioned oats in the pantry and decided to have some oatmeal.  I used 1 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of rice milk (I can't use any dairy) and 1/2 cup of water.  I nuked it for 1 minute in the microwave.  I don't like my oatmeal mushy.  You can cook it longer if you like it really hot or mushy.  After I heated the oats a little, I added a scoop of EAS whey protein (I can use whey even though I can't do dairy...go figure!)  Oh my gosh!  It tasted so good!  I think it's my new favorite thing to have for breakfast!  You should try it!

Seriously though, this program is really pretty simple.  You're supposed to eat 5 or 6 small meals consisting of a portion of carbs and a portion of protein at each meal.  A meal is around 200-300 calories.  A portion is about the size of the palm of your hand (not including your fingers) or about the size of your clenched fist.  A protein is any lean meat or egg whites or vegetable protein and a carb is any whole grain or fruit.  Simple, right?  How could anyone mess this up?

The best part?  You only have to be "good" for 6 days out of 7.  On the 7th day, you get to eat whatever you want.  Seriously.  Whatever you want.  No lie.  It makes it easy to be good the rest of the week when you know you can have whatever it is legally if you just wait.  The key is to be good the other 6 days and the weight will come off if you are also working out like you are supposed to.

I had a good day.  I did not cheat.  I ate only "authorized" foods and I feel great!  Tomorrow is coming and I am not dreading it at all.  I will be doing an upper body workout in the morning.  I don't belong to a gym, so I'll be using my dumbbells, a bench and my own bodyweight for resistance.  If you are interested in the actual workouts I will be doing, let me know and I'll tell you.  I don't want to bore you to death with a ton of details if you don't want them.

1 comment:

miya said...

yeah sure :)
coz lately i've been thinking of Pilates workout. but didn't decide it yet ..