I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A little morning motivation to get up and get moving...


Got up this morning and went for a little walk/jog with Russell (my worthless mutt of a dog).  It was good having him along actually because he is a puller...kind of helps when you get tired :)

If you are familiar with the Body for Life workouts, you know that the cardio is done as interval training.  I did a modified version this morning since I am just starting out.  I walked and then jogged alternatively for about 20 minutes total.  Last time I finished my challenge, I could run 5 miles without stopping at all and I felt good afterwards.  In fact, I looked forward to my runs.  I want to get there again.

Day one and I'm off to a good start!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I much prefer this type of training! One of my gf's does the Couch to 5K program. I do a runners program similar to what you do. I've never gone past the 5 K mark though! Great job!