I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I have a start date for my new job!!!

Source
Okay everyone...I have a start date for the new police position!  I will be starting October 17th.  I had orientation today to go over the benefits and boring stuff and am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...in about another month, I am not going to lose sleep over paying the bills every month!

I am fully aware of how fortunate I am to have found a job in this economy.  I have never, in the 24 years since I started working in law enforcement, seen the lack of jobs and layoffs that I have seen in the last year.  It truly is shocking when you think about it.  When the economy is down, crime usually goes up to a certain extent.  That has always meant plenty of job security for police officers.  That is just not the case now.  Since property values have dropped, municipalities and county governments don't have the budgets they used to have and they are cutting police positions.  Meanwhile, police academies are still cranking out newly trained officers who don't have jobs waiting for them.

So I am thankful. I am thankful to have the chance to add to my family.  I am thankful I am still so able.  I am thankful to have found a job doing something I am good at.  I am thankful I found a job that will work for my family.  I am just thankful.  That's all.

9 comments:

Life by Cynthia said...

Great news! I am so happy for you & your family.

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Thank you Cynthia!

Shar said...

Congrats! I understand the whole economy thing.....times are tough! Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new job because that is important too!

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Thanks Shar! It's really perfect for me because it's working with kids...it's a great job and I'm lucky to have it.

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I am so HAPPY for you, Diana :D

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Thank you Dweej! I know you understand how thankful I am to have this job. Such a relief for me, I can't even begin to tell you. The fact that I like the work? So much the better! I feel blessed girl...

Natalie said...

YAYAYAY!!!! Congrats! I hope it's even better than you already know it's going to be!

Mary J said...

Congrats Diana!!! Happy for you!!

Mary

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Thank you!! I am so excited!