I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I received the Versatile Blogger Award!


Ok, I know I am a complete dork, but I'm pretty excited to tell you that a fellow blogger, Shar from Life Reinvented in Phoenix gave me the Versatile Blogger Award!  I'm not really sure exactly what it means, but I think "The Prize Patrol" is on their way over to give me a million dollars, so I have to straighten up the house real quick.  Before I do that though, I'm supposed to tell you guys 7 things about myself and then choose another blog (or two) to pass along the award to.  Here goes:

1.  My favorite snack growing up was a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich.  Don't ask.

2.  I kissed a girl when I was 8 years old.  She was a neighbor in Homestead, FL and she and her sister thought it would be a great idea to practice kissing with my sister and I.  We practiced french kissing.  I don't remember her name.  Anna, do you remember their names???  By the way, I think she is the reason I am a pretty good kisser now ;)

3.  I drink my coffee black with a little sugar.

4.  I love watching NFL football games on Sundays.  I have about 8 teams on my radar that I enjoy keeping up with.

5.  I have a small collection of roosters and hens.  I only collect really special ones.

6.  The gypsy in my blood (I don't think I have real gypsy, just the urge to travel and wear old, odd or questionably mixed patterns from time to time) makes me want to go.  We are pretty stable here.  Same house for the last 8 years and before that, same house for 9 years.  I want stability for my kids because I didn't have it, but I am craving instability for myself right now.  I am feeling the urge to mix it up, take a trip, run away, get lost for  a little while.

7.  This is not the first award I ever won.  I once received "Officer of the Month" for tracking down a man who had kidnapped a woman in Palm Beach.  I worked day and night for 2 weeks on that case and eventually found the man and arrested him.  True story.

Well, there you have it.  7 things that (I hope) you didn't know about me until today.  Please go visit Shar at her blog Life Reinvented in Phoenix.  She is doing a fantastic job of helping her family settle in to their new home in Phoenix after her husband lost his job in California and they had to give up their home.  Her story is a scary sign of the times and.  Instead of being defeated about their situation, they are reinventing themselves, career, home and all in Phoenix and are doing a great job so far.  Go see for yourself!

I am passing this award along to Natalie at My Blog Is Boring because she is anything but.  She writes about all kinds of things and because I am schizophrenic like that...well, I like that!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Aww, thanks Diana!

Question...what qualifies a rooster or hen as "really special"? Do they have to be made out of gemstones, or really old, or very ornate, or have real chicken feathers? I think i need to see some pictures of your roosters and hens.

Shar said...

Thanks for the huge "shout out"!

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

Ha! LOL Natalie! I mean special in the respect that I don't want all my relatives running out to buy me just any old hen or rooster they spot in the dollar store. I like to pick them out myself...I like old, odd, unique, funny, whatever, just as long as I picked it out.

Shar, you are welcome!

Angie said...

Congrats Diana! Well done!