I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm getting paid to do this???


So today was my first day at my new job. It was so great! I got to shoot...I learned a new technique for speed and accuracy. I was placing a bullet right between the target's eyes at 7 feet away, from a brand new security holster that I wasn't familiar with, in one second! I still got it!

The Chief came in and spoke to us about our jobs in the schools prior to swearing us in. It felt good to know, once again, what an impact I can have on a kid's life with this job.

I had a great time seeing some old friends and getting to know some new ones. Four other officers were hired with me. As cops will do when placed in a room together, we immediately started making jokes about each other and having fun at each others' expense. We got a little rowdy with our laughter. It really was great! (I know I keep saying the word great, but it really was.) I can't believe I got paid to have so much fun today. And I get to do it all over again tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I'm so happy that you're so happy! Yay for great jobs :)

Diana Burfield (BettyShmetty) said...

I KNOW!!! I'm so lucky!