I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The morning after



Last nigt, in a fit of bad judgement, I published a blog entry.  The content in and of itself wasn't so terrible (maybe questionable is the right word here), it was the state I was in...I wasn't fit to properly judge good blog material last night.

I was tired last night.  Bones-aching, eye-blinding tired.  Kurt had gone to bed and the kids wanted to play a video game on the living room television.  I wanted to watch a movie and veg.  I told them I would choose a movie on Netflix.  They moaned and rolled their eyes because I always choose "stupid movies." 

I scrolled through and saw Wierd Science on the list and that was it.  I told them we would watch a movie from when I was 21.  They moaned louder and said they didn't want to watch an "old movie."  I won the battle and turned the movie on.  In my ultra-worn-out brain, it was the funniest thing I had EVER seen.  Seriously, I was laughing out loud with tears rolling down my cheeks.  At one point, I had to excuse myself to go pee or have an accident on the couch.  The kids were laughing too and I felt like a complete success! 

Truly, when I saw the bar scene I published on my blog last night, I almost peed my pants from laughing.  My kids were in stitches.  I had the laptop in front of me and was staring at a blank "new post" page and thought, "I'll do a post on the funniest movie ever, because this is the funniest movie EVER!"

There you have it.  I woke up this morning, freshly rested and remembered my post from last night.  I come before you now with my tail tucked between my legs and ask for your forgiveness.  My judgement was impaired.  And forgive me, but even in my current state of having more brain cells at my disposal, I have to say, that movie was funny.  In fact, it was damn funny.  I just probably shouldn't have posted it on my blog...not one of my more stellar writing accomplishments. 

2 comments:

Shar said...

LOL!

Shar said...

I just wanted to tell you that I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award!

http://lifereinventedinphoenix.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-received-versatile-blogger-award.html