I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Props to the hubby!

Part of the reason I have been a little uptight lately about returning to work has been my concern about how I am going to be able to keep up with everything I already do and adding a full-time job to that list.

Yesterday was my first day back to work.  While I was gone, Kurt did the grocery shopping (I didn't even have to ask him to do it!)  He did a load of laundry.  He cooked dinner.  The kids did the dishes.  Kurt helped Lee with his homework while I helped Jack. 

A successful first day all around.  Clearly, it has to be a team effort to make this work and I am pleasantly surprised to find that I am on a team that is working together.

So, in case you see this, thanks Babe!

4 comments:

Shar said...

I totally understand! Neither of us are working right now. I have been a Stay at Home Mom for 7 years and my husband has always worked. One of my biggest fears is that if I end up having to go back to work, I will lose control and things won't get done! Total props to the hubby!

Ado said...

So glad your hubby and family supported you like that. (-:

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Awesome! So glad your hubby and kids supported you on your first day back...and some of the best support comes in the form of helping with the housework! Here's to more great days to come!

Theresa said...

I know for myself, if I just give my hubby the opportunity to step up, he does.
The control freak in me likes to do things a certain way or somehow I feel like if he does the laundry I am in some way NOT doing my stay-at-home-wifey duty. But that isn't the case....MOST of the time. ;-)
Good luck with your job.

p.s. love the blog. Just stumbled upon it in my blog surfing.