I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Betty Takes It Off...again


Recently, I started taking charge of my body (once again, don't laugh!) and I started to look for some other blogs that were written by women like me...working moms who don't have enough time but are doing the exercise and healthy eating thing the best they can anyway.  I'm still looking for the blogs, but then thought, I'll keep my own blog!  And since I already have a blog, (with a cute little section called "Betty Takes It Off") I'll just use that!

So, here I go.  Betty has been working at taking it off.  The weight that is.  I've been working at it seriously for a little over a month now.  I've lost 10 pounds.  I want to lose 30 pounds, so I am a third of the way there.  I am definitely feeling better in many ways.  I feel slimmer and healthier.  It doesn't make me short of breath to walk up the stairs now as I have been exercising every day for the most part.

What have I been doing?  Well, it's pretty boring really.  I downloaded an app onto my phone called "MyFitnessPal" and, with that, I keep track of everything I eat, every day.  My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day.  I also bought, and am using, a Fit Bit.  I highly recommend this tiny little motivator!  It keeps track of things like steps taken and calories burned, as well as sleep.  I find that knowing this stuff motivates me to want to reach goals and go beyond them.  It's all pretty basic, really.  Calories in, Calories out. 

The 10 pounds I have lost, this time, look different than other times.  I've had to work hard for those 10 pounds.  There have been days and weeks when I didn't lose anything at all.  I have been sticking with the exercise and reasonably healthy eating anyway and it's all coming together.  It's not easy, but I'm not really struggling with it.  I really want to be healthier and slimmer.  I'm tired of feeling like nothing looks good on me.  I'm tired of feeling self-conscious in my skin.  I'm ready for a change. 

What I'd like to do is to keep track of how I am feeling and the struggles and challenges right here.  Feel free to join me if you like. 

No comments: