I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Still plugging away


Well, I can honestly say that I am working my ass off.  Since I am off for summer vacation, I've been using my extra free time to work out.  I decided to take advantage of the gym in my community center (only $50 per year!!) and have continued with my walking daily (the other day I walked 10 miles!)

I've added upper body workouts, doing them every 4 days or so.  I have decided to do my entire upper body on one day instead of splitting it up into two days and am basically following the Body for Life type of weight workout.  I'm trying not to over do it here in the beginning and haven't been overly sore.  Having the gym to work out in has been great.  It's air conditioned and clean and has everything I need to get it done for now.  In addition to the weight equipment, there is a stationary bike, an eliptical machine and treadmill.  I've been using the bike and treadmill alot in addition to my usual walking outside. 

On the treadmill, I've been using the incline at the highest setting and doing a lot of walking backwards (I really feel it in my butt and the fronts of my thighs.)  I feel like I'm doing everything I can to get the weight off.

My diet has been good (definitely keeping the calories under control) and I've been recording everything on Myfitnesspal.com.  I wear my fitbit all the time and myfitnesspal adjusts my calorie intake for the day based on my exercising so it is great, no guesswork!

The bummer is that no matter that I'm following all of that, working out like a fiend and eating a healthy, balanced diet, I'm still not losing the weight in a satisfactory way (meaning I've been the same weight now for about 2 months.)  Yesterday, I remembered that I used a program by Dr. Young called The Alkaline Miracle last year when I was having some health issues.  The diet worked great.  I lost 17 pounds while on the diet and I didn't exercise at all at the time.  My health issue completely resolved as well.  I found it pretty easy to stick to, but the prep time for all the veggies I was eating eventually got to be a pain and I stopped doing it.

Well, I'm going back to it.  I started yesterday.  The results are really pretty immediate in the way I feel.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Check it out for yourself.

As for the Isagenix products, the jury is still out.  I've been using the shakes for about 3 weeks now.  I don't really notice any difference between the way I feel using them verses the EAS product I was using before.  I did a two day cleanse last week and lost 1.5 pounds, however, of course, it came right back when I started eating food again (and I'm talking about good food, not crap.) I didn't like the taste of the Cleanse drink, but I drank it anyway.  I'm certainly going to use all of the products I bought, but I don't think I'll buy more.  The products are expensive and I don't really feel any different after using them.  We'll see.  I still have two cannisters of the shakes and one bottle of the cleanse left.  The company allows customers to return products if they aren't happy, but I'll probably just use them up.

Have any of you ever used the Isagenix products?  What did you think?  Have you ever tried an Alkaline diet?  Did it work for you?

No comments: