I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Friday, May 27, 2011

Squints...


My son Jack is currently obsessed with two things...baseball and the movie "The Sandlot" (which is about baseball.)  He watches The Sandlot every day....EVERY day.  One of his favorite things about the movie is the character "Spuints" who wears thick black-rimmed glasses and ends up kissing Wendy Peffercorn. Cute, right??  Personally, I love the movie too and have spent many evenings curled up with him on the comfy little sofa in his bedroom watching segments of it before bedtime...sigh...Jack admires Squints because he is a good baseball player and he had the courage to go after the girl he wanted even though she was clearly WAY out of his league.  Jack has channeled Squint's personality and look...


And, I'm afraid, as puberty quickly approaches my baby boy, he will channel Squint's bravado and will find his Wendy Peffercorn and he will "kiss her long and kiss her good"...and there will be no more cuddle sessions on his comfy little sofa with his Momma.

2 comments:

Ado said...

I love a boy who's cool enough to wear thick-rimmed glasses but...Wendy Peffercorn? (-:

BettyShmetty said...

LOL! She's the bombshell...You have to see the video clip to get it :)