I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Road Trip Journal Day 4...Goat action, muscle poses and whore house tokens...


Cindy and Hans have farm animals.  Specifically, they have 4 goats (two of which are babies), 30 chickens, and 2 dogs.  They just butchered their cow, so they don't have one right now. 

The adult goats smell just like goat cheese to me...kind of gamey.  The babies don't have a smell.  "How do you know?" you ask?  Well, cause I held one, that's how!  Cindy, who is an expert at all the farm-type stuff, was able to catch one yesterday and handed it over to me.  I wasn't too sure about it cause of the smell of the adults but I took it from her anyway.  He/she was so soft!  It's fur was sort of like a dog's fur and it smelled clean, well, like, no smell clean.  I held him long enough for a photo op and then handed it over to Jack, who, when he saw I was holding a goat, came running over saying, "Don't let it go!"


Of course, Jack being a boy and all, he went a little further in the goat snuggling business by actually kissing it repeatedly, on the mouth!  Pretty adorable...


It should be noted that later, back at the house, Hans (seeing white goat hair all over my black shirt) said, "You got yourself some goat action...isn't that the best?" right before he struck this pose...


I know, I know!   He's a Goofball!  Hans says I'm the only one that gets him...he might be right...I love him, he cracks me up!

After getting the "goat action" we went to the chicken coop.  One of the things I was looking forward to up here was having fresh eggs.  Cindy and Hans built a chicken coop on the side of their barn.  There's a cool little laying box mounted to the wall and it has a ramp that leads up to it.  Here you go, some pics of the coop and chicks...



And, we got lucky and there were two eggs, which I had for breakfast this morning!


Oh, and before I forget!  We went to Trade Days on Tuesday morning.  It's a flea market that happens twice a week in Calhoun, GA.  As Cindy and I were driving in, I spotted a table that had LOTS of really old bottles on it.  I said "Oh!  Bottles!  I gotta get out!" and then I jumped out of the car.  Luckily, Cindy was driving slowly!  And look at what I found...


I know it's not a very good picture, but there was so much stuff to look at!  I bought 16 bottles from this table for $12 dollars!!!  They are really old too!  I was so excited for the rest of my time there that I completely forgot to take any other photos of all the awesome stuff there.  There was so much good stuff and it was SO CHEAP!!  I guess the people up here have a lot of good old stuff and they can get rid of it for very little money.  Look at the cool stuff I bought...


I know you can't really tell what they are so I'll just tell you!!  The round things shaped like coins the size of half dollars?  Those are whore house tokens.  I KNOW!  Look...


It says "ONE FIRST CLASS LAY" and it's from Goldfield, Nevada.  All of the five tokens are different.  The rectangular shaped objects are tin photographs called derogotypes.  Here's one up close...


By the way, if you know who the lady in the photo is, speak up!  All of these items I found will be used to make some of the necklaces I will be posting on my Etsy shop in the near future, so be on the lookout!  (If you click on that link, you will get to my shop, which is closed for vacation till the 30th of this month, but check back after that.  I have some neat things for sale!)  Oh, and here are the bottles!



I know, they're cool...you can be jealous, it's okay :)

2 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Dude....I am so happy for you and this awesome trip. But regarding this post all I keep thinking is "What the heck is a first class lay? And what is the cheaper version? A coach lay?"

BettyShmetty said...

Hey Dweej, I don't know what the difference is either, but I'll give it to Kurt when I get home and let you know what I get compared to all the other times WITHOUT that token ;)