I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Road Trip Journal Day 7...Fresh caught crawdads over an open fire...

Today was a lazy country day...I actually read a book...and took a nap.  That was a treat. 
Meanwhile, the kids decided to camp out in the woods.  They took their tent and some necessary tools; gigs, shovel, knives (of course!), fishing poles, bait, etc.  They set up their tent and found crawdads, which they plan on cooking over their fire later and eating (gross!)  Remember that old song "Let's go fishin in the crawdad hole?"  They were very busy...


It's 5 pm right now and they haven't come in for anything to eat since breakfast this morning.  I don't know how they do that and I don't know how they can stand the heat.  It's over 100* out there today...but maybe it's a little cooler in the shade of the trees. 


I'm a little concerned that they'll be awake all night.  They have no pads or mattresses to sleep on.  Kylee says she gives them till midnight and they'll come back to the house.  I don't know, they look pretty serious about this...

No comments: