I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Monday, July 25, 2011

Today's your birthday...


This is one of those birthdays, Babe.  The kind that makes you question everything you've done in your life so far...It's the kind of birthday that triggers new workout routines and stricter diets and promises of spending more quality time doing (fill in the blank here.)  I know this birthday is making you think. 

You are wondering if you have done enough, been enough, loved enough.  You are wondering if you have made the best of the life you were given, the life that so easily could not have happened if your dad hadn't tricked your mom...you know what I am talking about!

I want to tell you today that you have had a life that has value, you have left a mark.  The person I have known and loved for over 20 years has given and been enough.  Though there were things we both wish we could take back or do over, we, together, have created and built a life for our family that has meaning. 

You treat me with respect, kindness and love.   You are not perfect, but you have changed yourself or your thinking many times along the way when it has been needed to make your life better.  Your willingness to change is one of your most remarkable qualities...the one I have been most surprised about over the years. 

Today, I want you to know, you are a good man and you are enough...just the way you are.  Happy Birthday My Love.

No comments: